(a WordPress plugin)
April - 01, Sun, 2007
The Twitter Updater automatically sends a Twitter status update to your Twitter account when you create, publish, or edit your WordPress post. You can specify the text for the updates, and also have the option to turn the auto update on/off for the different post actions in the admin panel.
Eg, when you edit a post, your Twitter gets updated with:
Fiddling with my blog post: Twitter Updater (a WordPress plugin) ( http://blog.victoriac.net/?... )
- Download and unzip the Twitter Updater folder
- Upload and copy the twitter updater folder to your WordPress plugins folder (/wp-content/plugins/)
- Now you have to tell WordPress to activate the new plugin. You do this by going to your admin panel > Plugins. And click on 'Activate' next to 'Twitter Updated'. If you don't see Twitter Updater there, you may have copied the Twitter Updater folder to the wrong directory.
- Go to your WordPress admin panel, select 'Manage' at the top menu, then select 'Twitter Updater'.
- Enter your preference and your Twitter account details.
- Test by creating a new post!
Update: 26 Nov 2009
Because I've been so neglectful of supporting this plugin, it seems some nice people have already done a good job of it. Ingoal's Twitter Updater seems like a good one. I have listed down some of these derivations below. Thank you for your support. I hope this helps.
Also let me know if you want me to add your link here.
Alternative versions by other contributors
- Ingoal's Twitter Updater
- Kevin De Mulder: TwitterComments - updates Twitter when a comment is posted on your blog.
- Jonathan Dingman: Twitter updater with support for tinyurl.
- Ceritium: Twitter updater that uses short url with your domain name.
- James Cridland: Bugfix for Twitter updater if it doesn't work for you.